This is my very *first* award and I cannot tell you how honored/excited/joyful I am about being nominated, it truly means a lot! Thank you Renee at Fit for Motherhood. <3
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers who inspire you. The word Liebster is a German word and means Beloved, Dearest, or Favorite. This is such a sweet and loving award, and I am honored to be nominated!
Here is how it works:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m a total thrifter. I LOVE finding unique, vintage looking things whether it be dishes or a cute top; I love the thrill of not knowing what I’m going to find and then finding something truly awesome.
2. I have a massive collection of pens; I have all colors and types and sadly I keep adding to the pile especially since every semester I get a new set for the new school year. I don’t count them or anything specific like that, I just absolutely adore a good pen that writes smoothly and has a nice comfy grip, and therefore I have a TON. I guess because I’m used to writing all the time I figure the pen better be comfy and cute.
3. Being pregnant helped me learn to love and truly appreciate my body. I’ve never in my life felt more beautiful than when I was pregnant; I seriously loved seeing my body change and learned to appreciate how wonderfully designed our bodies are.
4. I don’t like to drive; that doesn’t mean that I won’t drive, I just prefer not to. Ever since my cousin passed away in a car accident, I’ve always been spooked about the whole idea of driving and would rather avoid it at all cost.
5. I’m a bit OCD about nail polish colors, for instance, I cringe when I see hot pink toes in the middle of winter. I can’t help but think that the nail polish color should reflect the time of season. Maroons, greys, deep reds, browns should be used in the fall because they are fall colors, while pastels and subtle pinks should be used in the spring, with hot pinks & oranges and bright reds in the summer along and no color during the winter because no one sees your toes anyways. I know it’s weird but I just can’t help it..lol
6. I’m a DIYer, I love doing crafts and greatly enjoy getting craft ideas from Pinterest. I’m not saying I’m a pro-crafter, but I’ve just always been pretty crafty.
7. I’m not a big cereal eater and I don’t consider it a real breakfast. I think of it more as like a snack because I don’t think it’s filling like a real breakfast would/should be.
8. I have a complete love/hate relationship with running. I truly hate the thought of it; the anticipation before the run because is completely intimidating but the post run feeling is amazing and afterwards I feel I can conquer the world very time.
9. I LOVE the smell of crayons; it feels me with memories of childhood and the great joy that I had in school. Which is why I want to be a teacher so that I can help students fall in love with learning.
10. If I wasn’t a teacher, I would love to be a fitness trainer/nutritionist because of my passion for health and fitness. I would love to help others attain a fit and healthy lifestyle.
11. I have absolutely no patience for computers and technology, thankfully the lovely man I married is a technology connoisseur and computer specialist.
Questions for me by Fit for Motherhood:
- What is your favorite breakfast? My favorite everyday breakfast is any type of egg scramble with toast. My favorite indulgent breakfast would have to be: PANCAKES!
- Do you prefer to workout at home or at the gym? Prior to baby I would have said the gym only, but now that I’m a mommy it’s more convenient at this time for me to workout at home, so at home it is…for now!
- What would your last meal be? PIZZA!!!
- What is your favorite Christmas/holiday tradition? Baking & decorating cookies…of course eating them!!
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Both, I fluctuate between the two.
- If you won the mega millions lottery what would be your first purchase? A home close to family in Texas.
- How would your friends describe you in three words? Kind, Compassionate, Sweet
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Fiji
- Do you own any pets? Why or why not? Yes, a cat and a dog. I feel that they are the perfect companions in life because they brighten your day and simply make life fun.
- If you could be anything in the world what would it be? I wish I could be in charge of the Department of Education so that I could change the dynamics of our current education system.
- What made you decide to start blogging? The desire to fullfill my joy of writing (particularly about becoming a new mommy) along with the opportunity to let my voice be heard and of course the ability to connect with awesome people around the world who share similar interests of mine.
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What is your favorite type of workout?
2. Who inspires you?
3. Twitter or Instagram?
4. How do you feel about your hair?
5. Do you watch college or pro football? If so, who’s your favorite team?
6. What is your favorite quote/saying?
7. Where is your favorite place to shop?
8. Have you/would you ever go skydiving?
9. Are you addicted to Pinterest, if so what are your favorite things to pin?
10. Would you ever be on a reality t.v. show?
11. What made you start blogging?
10. Char Eats Greens